gamming processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they meant GREATER than 30 frames per second. I wouldn't spend money on a dual core right now. This is about the 10th thread I've said this in tonight alone. These threads are just taking over the stupid forum.

Ryan

ESIFL said:
Yeah, but I see 30 FPS as pretty much the lowest that I consider a game playable.

Besides much older games, I can't remember the last time I had a steady FPS rate above 30 on games such as WoW, HL2, etc. God I can't wait to build the new PC. For being exposed to it for so long, I consider 30 FPS to be very smooth :eek:.

a "true techie" didn't know what FPS was? No offense AT ALL, but is that possible? lol. I want a promotion. hahaha. I have an xp2000 and a ti4200 = 40-50 fps HL2. Dont ask me how. Its a miracle...

All that is is an indicator of your post count. It rises at a set amount of posts. It's no real indication of being a techie.

I also have a Ti 4200 and I ran HL2 fairly smooth on lower settings. You'd be surprised what older hardware can do to recent games if you put the settings real low :p.

lol. i know its just post count. i thought it funny thats all. : ) Im going for a 3700 and plan to OC once i figure it out enough not to damage it. that should "do me good" for a while. X2 cores are really only feasable if you want to burn cds while you shoot monsters...aside from that...x2s arent that sensible. games dont utilize the 2nd core yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom