AMD and Intel speeds!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firekills88

Solid State Member
Im have having a problem figureing out the speeds between the two processers I am a intel guy but i want to make a switch to AMD for gaming... But my question is..Why is AMD operation Frequency slower than Intel for example AMD's Athlon 64 3800+ speed is 2.4GHz while most of the Intel chips run at 3.0GHz or higher....Is there something there i should know about whitch would be faster..Any help would be great thanks...... Bye the way im planing and buying this processer do you think its a good buy.....Thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103531

Well first of all the ghz doent mean as much with AMD unlike Intel.The 939socket often have 1ghz FSB versus a 800mhzFSB of many P4.Also smaller L1 cache which greatly increases the speed of which the proccesor acces memory which is better.AMD is proven better the Intel chips.I think or I sound like a fool. But what Iam sure is that My First and ONLY!!! p4 was nothing but a peice of ****.(Maybe cuase it was a dell)

Amd has a longer clock time meaning it does more work per clock.Intel has a shorter clock time meaning it does less per clock time but in the end they both should equal out with the same amount of work done over a set time. For intel its better with multi tasking and jsut normal internet/networking base stuff however amd since its bigger clock time is better for gaming. (i really can't explain it to good but i think i covered it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom