MSI K8N Neo4-F question

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
I haven't got around to buying new ram yet but I was looking at what my motherboard supports and this scares me. It says that the ram speed will only be 333MHz (highlighted in red) and not 400MHz if I use 2 double sided ram sticks in dual channel like the ones I want to get. Is this really going to **** me over?

DIMM Slots Max Speed
Green Purple Green Purple
DIMM1 DIMM2 DIMM3 DIMM4
S - - - DDR 400
- - S - DDR 400
D - - - DDR 400
- - D - DDR 400
S - S - DDR 400
D - D - DDR 333
S S - - DDR 400
- - S S DDR 400
D D - - DDR 400
- - D D DDR 400
S S S S DDR 400
D D D D DDR 333

S: Single Side
D: Double Side

Yea I know that but I want it so I can overclock the **** out of my system without using a stupid divider. But will it downclock it's self to 333MHz?

no, that's not it... To run in dual channel on the Neo4-F, you don't put it in slots 1 and 3. Those are seperate sets of slots. You need to put them in slots 1 & 2. Notice, those are set up to run at DDR400.

Ryan

I though that it was green greeen and purple pirple to run in dual-channel. Wow do I ever feel stupid lol.

I made the same mistake. I put my RAM in both purple slots and had constant restarts. I then placed them the PROPER way and...no more restarts. System's been running fine ever since. :D

Yeah, it was weird having the only motherbaord that performs like that, but whatever I don't care :D

It rocks. It's a highly recommended board for semi-budget builds. And this isn't the ONLY board that does the slot 1 & 2 thing. My last motherboard, the ECS NF4 A939 board did the exact same thing as this one.

Ryan

You wan't this board. Put it that way. IMO a beast overclocker. I'm able to get my Athlon 64 3000+ stock 1.8GHz to 2.833GHz windows stable. With value ram!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom