How good is X-fi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
braids11 said:
Is the Creative X-fi sound card really THAT good?!?!

How much of an improvement really is it?

I hear its great in Battlefield 2, that true?

Yes, its THAT good. Improvement? Compared to what? Onboard Sound? Think Integrated Graphics and GeForce 7800GTX. Compared to another Sound Card? Think any other videocard, and compare it to the Geforce 7800GTX...0_0...

Its best in Battlefield 2, yes. BF2, and one or two other games, have 128 different sounds in the game. Only the X-Fi lets you hear all of them. From the sound of the grass crunching under your feet, to the sound of the F-15 pilot roaring 5 meters over your head.

Even a $50 Speaker system, or headset, will give you everything the sound card has to offer.

Jason S said:
I just returned my X-Fi. It works great in games, off loads the CPU nicely. Zero linux support, music with guitars sound distorted if the 24.bit crystalizer is on. So if I turn the 24.bit crystalizer off, I'm basically making it sound like my onboard audio. I don't play games that much, I'm in SUSE more than I play games. So for me it wasn't worth it...
You found Linux drivers and it works in linux :rolleyes: :confused: . Share the links please.

I had to send mine back because of conflicts with it. Others have a reported issues too, its decently common on their forums.

It very well could be the old ones, but I was just upset I had to get it exchanged, so now im without it for 2 weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom