is this too good to be true

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would run games fine, just dont expect to run them at decent resolutions or settings. i managed to complete F.E.A.R and Quake 4 on my x300se, so that should manage fine at low settings.

Yeah the 300watt power supply doesn't sound good at all. Build your own, don't take a risk with the Power supply and the video card isn't the best either.

IF you insist on buying that, I would get atleast a 500w PS and upgrade the GPU to atleast a 6600

It would very easily turn on with a 300w power supply. mabey even less. there is a stereotype around here where people think they need at least a 500w power supply for their pc to work. thats not the case at all. also a 6600 vanilla probably wouldn't be much better than an x600, if at all.

6600 vanilla lands just short of the x700, so 003 is right on. The power supply thing around here is out of hand. I'll buy a 450W power supply happily knowing it'll run anything I throw at it.

Ryan

My 420 generic Raidmax w/ 13amps on the 12v rail ran my 148 OCed, 6800GT and DFI Lanparty. Yea, PSU recomendations are outrageous nowadays. Also, anybody catch that its MEDIA CENTER EDITION? Its not meant for gaming at all. Its meant to be a media PC so an X600 and 300watt PSU would do just dandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom