lotsa fans and still not dropping in temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I done when I needed a blow hole for a fan was take the clear side off of my case and made a pencil trace of the hole and the little screw holes for my 80mm fans to go on top and used a nice little metal cutting blade for a jigsaw, worked out really nice for me. No warping or anything.

Reply to LOTSA Fans

Some advise from me would be to blow cool air from outside the case onto the CPU fan. In other words make your exhaust fans above the CPU inti intake fans. The rear fan should be exhaust and front fans intake.

I run like this and am running the 2.8 Hyperthreading clocked to 3.2 Ghz at the moment. Temp not rising above 31 C.

Although the Gigabyte 3d rocket keeps me cooler than the original intel fan. I did with the original fan only go as high as 38 C with this same fan and case setup.

Everest is saying his +12V is running at 2.37V. Hopefully it forgot the 1 and it's actually 12.37V. If not, look into that cause there's the problem. If it's an intermediate power supply there's no force driving the components. This should be coupled with other signs like crashing too right?

fans fans fans=i had ten of them in my case at one time and only got a 3 too 4 c drop in temp,the only way i could get a good drop is by using the tornado fans but i coudent live with the noise,now i just tend to leave the patio door open as my comp is right at the side of it and i get a temp of 24 c,it usualy runs in at 34 granted its winter here at the moment,the thing people usualy forget is it dont matter how many fans you got if the room temp your in is very warm,you need to find a way to drop your temps in your room

i got my temps to about 99 -104 when running most of my programs in the background like msn, icq, yahoo ect plus running other apps like my email and a few web browsers.

not sure about on load though :S

I think I will look into buying a hole saw lol.. i wanna get my temps waaayy down as much as I can.

I also turned the fans that were above the cpu, they are now blowing air onto the cpu instead of sucking air out and circulating all that hot air around the case.

I still need a fan in top because as you said, hot air rises and I dont have a fan in the top to blow it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom