How good is X-fi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braids11

Solid State Member
Is the Creative X-fi sound card really THAT good?!?!

How much of an improvement really is it?

I hear its great in Battlefield 2, that true?

me niether u goona need 100-200$ speakers to hear any diference and that the speakers making the diference.

Well, I love it and can definately hear a difference than through an old Audigy4.

However.... DO NOT get one if you have an nF4 chipset.... I just had to RMA mine back because they have to change the layout of some **** on it i guess.

The X-Fi is great if you have a nice set of speakers but even 40 dollar headphones you can hear the difference. It's great in battlefield because it supports EAX 5.0 and a lot more games will support it.

If you are getting an X-Fi like me get the Xtreme Music version because unless your like a DJ or working with music all the time the other versions are a waste of money.

Like others have said, it all depends on both your output ability (speakers/headphones/etc) and your personal ability to tell the difference.

Personally, I don't think I'd ever spend more than $100 on a sound card, unless I was going to use it for dedicated sound sampling and editing. If I was just playing games with it, ****, a 4 year old card would do.

Alex81388 said:
Well, I love it and can definately hear a difference than through an old Audigy4.

However.... DO NOT get one if you have an nF4 chipset.... I just had to RMA mine back because they have to change the layout of some **** on it i guess.
that was only for the older ones. the newer ones all have an updated firmware and work great on nf4. my fatal1ty does.

I just returned my X-Fi. It works great in games, off loads the CPU nicely. Zero linux support, music with guitars sound distorted if the 24.bit crystalizer is on. So if I turn the 24.bit crystalizer off, I'm basically making it sound like my onboard audio. I don't play games that much, I'm in SUSE more than I play games. So for me it wasn't worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom