Need help with CD drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie Head

Baseband Member
Hey, I recently installed a new CD drive for my comp, my old one wasnt working properly. Anyways when I installed it nither my CD-rewriting Drive nor my regular drive would work! I load a cd and the light flashes and nothing happens. So I figured i need to load the driver and install the drives software off the floppy...When I put the floppy in and start the prossecess it gets to a point where it says Something about not finding the path to MSCDEX and it asks me to specify the path, When I do it says "Illegal long path" and I cant figure out what to do. This has been bugging me and I have been trying to get it to work for almost a week and a half and it starting to bug the hell outta me, cant play any game, cant listen to CD's, cant burn anything...Nothing! Someone help please!!! heh, thank in advance!

A few questions before i answer ur questions...

Are the Cddrives detected in the bios ?
What OS are u Running?

Oh, My OS is Windows XP
and my drives arent being ditected on my Bios

Some places I have looked say that Windows XP needs MSCDEXnt or something, but my install says i just need MSCDEX...

go to start, search and try and find mscdex.exe, if it is there, move it to C:\Windows\command if not already there
if it still asks you for it, give it the directory

When I search for it, it says its in C:\WINDOWS\system32
How so I move it to the C:\windows\command ???
If i just try to type the directory like C:\ it says the path is illegaly long...I dunno, it starting to tick me off!!!

i have a perfect solution................throw your computer out the window..........hope it hits a car........tell them they broke ur computer and owe you......ummm.....6000 dollars for a new one

that should work, but if they are poor dont be greedy......ask for 5999 dollars

hope this helps

Aight I checked everything n' its all plugged in right n stuff...Now tho when i look at the status it says this-

"this device is not working properly because the controlling firmware is reporting the resources for the device incorrectly. (Code 9)"

whats the mean!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom