Question about startup boot options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
When my computer starts up, just before it gets to the Windows XP boot screen, it prompts me to press F1 to continue. Is there anyway I can set it to automatically press F1 each time?

Reason I ask is, I let my monitor on all the time. As we know, Windows sometimes puts out a manditory automatic update and your computer will update and automatically restart. Well, when it restarts it'll sit at this screen prompting me to press F1 to continue... I just don't want it to burn the pixels into the screen, because it's happened twice already, but luckily it was just during dinner, not over the course of working a 12 hour shift + a 6 hour rotation of college classes.

If it tells you to press F1, usually there is something wrong. Does it give any sort of error message with it?

Vybuni said:
If it tells you to press F1, usually there is something wrong. Does it give any sort of error message with it?

No, it just stops prompting me to either press F1 or press F12 to get into bios. That's all it does. No errors, no nothing. To me, it seems like it's routine startup.

Vybuni said:

Took a deeper look this time, turns out it was just telling me that it didn't detect a floppy drive. I don't know why I didn't catch it earlier, but I disabled the floppy drive detection in bios and now it displays that screen for about .5 second, then it's off. Thanks for the insight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom