Internet Connection Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MVPlaya

Solid State Member
Some how my network connections got deleted, I called up my DSL support and they said I need to call microsoft so they will somehow reinstall the connections to my computer.

Does anyone personally know how I can shortcut this and I can get a fix installed to the computer?

I can't connect to the internet with that computer...outta no where. I think i caught a virus cuz it literally worked the night before.

Is it onboard or a pci or something? But yeah, there could be many things you could try first. Such as running a hijack this, winsock fix, or checking that your network card hasnt been disabled(but you can't seem to see it, so not completly sure on that one).

Oh, and if you have caught a virus why don't you update your virus software or if you don't have any then download some free software such as avast and do a complete scan.
Hope it works out for ya:cool:

If you dont have any device listed there why dont you just try to reinstall you drivers. That should help solve that problem. I would suggest updateing you AV and scanning first. Then try to reinstall the drivers if it finds nothing.

the computer is old, so I doubt I can even find the drivers for the computer. I will try to download some free software and burn it to a cd...I'll see.

But I mean, if nothing is listed at all in the device manager, that's a significant problem.

I agree with Makaveli213. You have a driver problem. Rt clk "my computer", click on manage, then click on devices and see if there are any yellow ? or !. If so, then rt clk on the yellow and click "properties". You can then tell Windows to re-install the drivers. You might have to re-install the mobo disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom