Best Case Under $150

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, just to do a little "heads up" here
for about 20 bux, you can do this

grab a nice piece of wood, straight and level. A little bigger than your mobo. Then take 2-4 sheets of aluminum foil (that would cost about 3 cents) and glue the edges tightly around the wood. That's for heat transfer. Then grap some small 1/2" wood blocks, or legos, or whatever you want, and put glue them to the wood board over the aluminum foil. (so the foil doesn't touch the mobo pin things and fry it) then screw/glue/tape/burn whatever, your mobo to the "case". Then start putting the crap on your mobo. the HD should go on the side, parallel to the mobo (remember, the wood is a little bigger than the mobo) and the PSU right above it. then find a nice place for the CD-ROM/Burner whatever. Make the edges and cut holes for the connectors. Buy a some plexy glass stuff, and screw it for the other side. You'll have a HUGE "side panel window" as bis as the whole case. But before you do that, get like 5-10 fans and design a good airflow for the case. make sure you know the direction of the air flow; don't just randomly put fans all over. OK, then cut a hole in the plexyglass thing, to make like a "side air duct" and stick a fan or 2 right over the heatsink fan. Buy some LED's or neon's or whatever and decorate. You can paint/draw on the case. There you go, you saved 100 dollars, and you got a nice looking, unique case, that runs that 3500+ at room temp. even with a overclock. If you can't decide what to do with the money you save, send them over... :D ;)

ps. feel free to experiment and add all u want, this is just a suggestion

pc_boy said:

grab a nice piece of wood, straight and level. A little bigger than your mobo. Then take 2-4 sheets of aluminum foil (that would cost about 3 cents) and glue the edges tightly around the wood. That's for heat transfer. Then grap some small 1/2" wood blocks, or legos, or whatever you want, and put glue them to the wood board over the aluminum foil. (so the foil doesn't touch the mobo pin things and fry it) then screw/glue/tape/burn whatever, your mobo to the "case". Then start putting the crap on your mobo. the HD should go on the side, parallel to the mobo (remember, the wood is a little bigger than the mobo) and the PSU right above it. then find a nice place for the CD-ROM/Burner whatever. Make the edges and cut holes for the connectors. Buy a some plexy glass stuff, and screw it for the other side. You'll have a HUGE "side panel window" as bis as the whole case. But before you do that, get like 5-10 fans and design a good airflow for the case. make sure you know the direction of the air flow; don't just randomly put fans all over. OK, then cut a hole in the plexyglass thing, to make like a "side air duct" and stick a fan or 2 right over the heatsink fan. Buy some LED's or neon's or whatever and decorate. You can paint/draw on the case. There you go, you saved 100 dollars, and you got a nice looking, unique case, that runs that 3500+ at room temp. even with a overclock. If you can't decide what to do with the money you save, send them over... :D ;)

Is this a joke? Haha, I'm laughing....Id rather not eat for 2 days and save a $100 than do this.....omg...who has the the time to make a welfare POS case like this?.......I say spend the $25 to $50 dollars and buy a freakin solid case made for a PC, not make some 'puddy, cardboard, plywood, BS .......0.67cent piece of crap case as described above....haha u makes me laugh Pboy.......but A for the effort....and penny pinchin'....

yeah, lol, i'm used to using my brain to make stuff, not be the average joe and buy other people's bull crap; those people make money off the stupidity and lack of skill/imagination of others. This case takes a lot less space, it looks cooler, and runs AT LEAST 5C cooler than any case you can get for 100 dollars. But if you are a pu$$y and are afraid of using a jig saw, some glue and a drill, then go ahead and throw your money for other people's snot.

vaderpro said:
....Id rather not eat for 2 days and save a $100 than do this.....omg...

wow, it's sad if you eat food worth 100 dollars every 2 days. What do you eat man? You have people import monekeys from indonesia and eat them alive for dinner? (i'm serious, they actually do that stuff) I can live 2 months off $100

pc_boy, why do you come in here with a boarderline-stupid idea and then get on someone for saying that your idea is kinda stupid. Sure, it can be done, and someone like me could fabricate something rather stylish, but this is a few days if you actually want to make it look nice with stains, clear coats, and neatness.

Ryan

The thermaltake Sapranoe Case or The thermal circal case also by thermaltake. My cousin has the Sapranoe and he loves and I also love the looks of it its nice and shiney.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
pc_boy, why do you come in here with a boarderline-stupid idea and then get on someone for saying that your idea is kinda stupid. Sure, it can be done, and someone like me could fabricate something rather stylish, but this is a few days if you actually want to make it look nice with stains, clear coats, and neatness.

Ryan

even if you don't put clear finish coats or stains, it'll still be a lot better than the crap they sell at retail stores.

...this guy kind of had an attitude, and they don't appreciate other's ideas/opinions just because his opinion was different, in this case, he was grow up to buy stuff rather than make stuff. People with this attitude get on my nerves. But that's ok, we're cool! :cool: ;)

pc_boy said:

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Umm pc_boy you start to make me wounder if that is what you did... have you ever tested that rig out? that would be shamingly awful to see... but good way to use your head lol... talk about a money saver y don't you just hook your parts up but a box over them cut out holes and call it NOOBSTER'S BOX and screw all the wood.. jsut use your desk as the bottem of the "case"...*note cardboard can't be thin to hold your cd drives* cut a hole in the side for ur side panel use some clear seran wrap put a lamp in there and there you go... one lighted stylish NOOBSTER BOX.

yeah, sure you could do that... it would be cool and at least won't look like the conventinal case all the loosers have on their desks, blocking their face from light other than the light from the monitor. BTW, some guy had his computer made on a bunch of wire coat hangers. All the parts were hung down with wires, and the mobo was on bottom suspended by 2 other coat hangers. It was cool! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom