XFX 6800GS Pipes Unlocked!!!! Hurray!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. You have to have Coolbits installed to have the extra settings in the Nvidia tab and also to have the temperature monitor. I have both installed. Coolbits OCing is just sitting there but im using Rivatuner to OC my card.
I don't think you need coolbits just for the temp. However I know for a fact I haven't gone out of my way to install coolbits, yet I have temp and clock adjustments in the nvidia display.......could simply be from the latest drivers already having them or after installing rivatuner or something, not sure

I believe if you install Rivatuner it puts it there. Not sure, im just in the habbit of installing Coolbits before i install Rivatuner so idk. I never check beforehand.
Your GT would be better than an AGP OC'd GS...but an OC'd PCI-E GS has you beat...even with your GT OC'd.
AAAHAHA I dont think so. My GT is not only flashed to Ultra and OCed beyond that but i also have 4 more pipes cranking then the GS. I think you need to redo your math man.

AAAHAHA I dont think so. My GT is not only flashed to Ultra and OCed beyond that but i also have 4 more pipes cranking then the GS. I think you need to redo your math man.
Nah, it's true. Assuming you get a nice overclockable GS, it can indeed beat out a GT regardless of how high your overclock is.....I mean of course unless you're doing serious volt modding and LN2 cooling or something, but under normal circumstances is what I'm referring to.

Even with the lack of pipelines that GS can be overclocked like mad and infact beat out our GT's. Mine is at 450/1200 personally and yes some GS's can infact beat those. The flashing to Ultra really doesn't do anything except increase chances of your card dying since it puts .1 extra volts through it and it's not necessarily made to handle that. Beyond that some argue that the GT infact has tighter memory timings, however, as to what they are I couldn't tell you because the Vram memory timings are nothing like a regular system memory's timings.

But yeah........overall as lame as it sounds, the GS even with 4 less pipes, it's overclockability on some of the cards is ridiculous (on the PCI-E) and will infact beat our cards. I know it sucks, but it's true.

Im talking about AGP here though, so HA lol. When i get my 7800GS then i will be doing some serious OCing w/ a WC system in my LAN rig.
Yeah and look at what he said "Your GT would be better than an AGP, but not the PCI-E" so your comment was for nothing if you were supposedly talking about the "AGP" and laughing at the dude considering he was specifically talking about the PCI-E

Anyone have any thoughts on what a 7800GTX user should use for OCing? :p I know you will all flame me for OCing with a 7800GTX but what the heck why not. I currently have coolbits installed and used that to OC a bit, but do you think I would be better off with RivaTuner?

Edit: My last 3dmark05 was at about 8900 so I am trying to break the 9K mark :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom