Unusual Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
I hear everyone talkin about havin good heatsinks and having their temps at around 55 C. I have an AMD 2500 with the AMD standard HS and it is overclocked to 2.2 ghz. When playing Half-Life or Unreal 2 and being on the internet my temps are around 40 C for my CPU and 38 C for my MB. This sounds really low to me, I am using Asus probe to monintor these.........I guess i just got a really awsome processor or maybe because I have 5 Case fans.................

I can have lower case temps than you if I want. I live in Michigan so I can just take my tower out in the snow and blast my fans. ;)

I'm no expert but it must just be good heatsink/fans and thermal paste.

Those arn't unusual temps. Those are very normal. Amd doesn't produce that much heat just doesn't disblace it well which is why theres all this hype about it being so hot. When really its not the heat itsa matter of disblacing it and even though it doesn't disblace it good well it still normally runs anywhere from 35-55

True true XT!

I have the AMD Athlon 1700 superchip and it is OC'd to 2.15ghz that is a huge jump if you know the chip,, DLTC3,,

Anyhow,, my case has 5 fans,, my temps sat at 31-32 and about 34 under load,,

Now I know it needs cleaning of dust due to the temp change,, lately I am at 34 sitting , and up to 38 underload,, still low,, but higher than normal,,

Just keep it clean, I am going to reseat the processor anytime now,,

cheers

Something isn't right here. You have a motherboard temp of 38C and a processor temp of 40? Those usually aren't going to be that close together. Typically you should see anywhere from a 5-7 degree difference. Plus unless you room is pretty warm itself you motherboard shoudn't be reading 38 especially with 5 cases fans. Room temp is usually like 21C so mobo temps with good airflow should be anywhere from 5-10 higher. I'd try downloading another temp monitor and see what it says. Something like motherboard monitor. Try that and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom