x800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
would a x800GT (pci-e) run ok with a 305W psu?

edit: the psu has 18A on the 12v rail.

the X800GT is not a very good card. it has problems with a lot of engines and u would be far better off getting an X800GTO2 :) or 6600GT just my 2c

Uhh... I believe the recommended/minimum for 6600gt is 350 watt.. But i have heard of 6600gt users going on with 300 watt psu's, they dont get as much performance as per say a 400 watt PSU.

ok, i may look at a 6600GT. (how many problems do you have going from ATI to nVidia? I dont really want to format)

When you say 'dont have as good performance' what exactly do you mean?

and what about a regular 6600? what power do they need? even one of those will be a huge improvement on my current card.

The only other thing is that it must not have the external power connector, as my psu doesnt have one.

edit: after deciding to look at the min recommended power for my x300se, it is also 350W. maybe i would be ok with a 6600GT.

edit edit: and what about the x1000, and the X1300? how do they compare?

edit edit edit: with the cards with the extra power connector, is it possible to connect this up externally, to the mains?

thanks for you help on this.

ok, i will look at the 6600GT then. is leadtek still the best to buy?

edit: also, how much better, and how much more power does a 6800 need?

i just did the power calculator thing. it suggested 345 watts, but

the cpu section was 3.00-3.60GHz, (90W) i am 3.00, so i suppose it would use less.

i chose a 6800 vanilla. does this use more or less than the 6600GT? if more, then that would mean less again. HOWEVER this was an AGP card, and i will be using PCI-E. do these use more or less power?

PLUS it says the figures it gives are for peak wattages, and even under full load, a system will rarely use as much as that.

i am thinking a 6600GT would be OK. this seem a resonable assumtion to you people?

thanks for all your help so far. it is most appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom