Overclocking problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkendVoid

Solid State Member
Allirght heres my problem, ive searched endlesly for hours trying to find a fix for it so i came here

I have a
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
OEM 233mhz 256meg Ram
Abit - KD7

my problem is i overclocked my processer to theese spefications
149 bus speed
4:2:1 ratios
17x multiplier

1.75 v-core

it ive had overclocked like this for about a month and i just had some problems with a new operating system and wanted to check to make sure it wasnt because my processer is unstable and i chose the stock option in my bios for this processer.

It turns out i get this message everytime i restart

CPU is unworkable or has been changed. Please Check - CPU SOFT MENU

i check and its what its sopposed to be for default, but if i change back to the overclocked settings it works fine no error. Any Suggestions?

Are you pressing a button to change it back to stock? If so just downgrade the multiplier and the fsb until it gets to stock. The best way to deal with it would to see how far you can downclock it till it gets that error if its gets that error right away when you down clock from say 149 external bus to 147 then i would assume you have fried a component on that chip.

more problems

ok, whats weird is if i select the stock it works now, along with if i enter it manually and my over clocked settings, i let it sit for like an hour with no power and i dont know if that did anything, and it seems that all errors i had with radom crashes are resovled, i wouldnt of even tried what you said had i not read it and well i would of never found out its working again, thanks for you time

is it really that hi of an overclock? ive read about getting this thing way up past 2.4........... im runing stock now cause i was having problems again, seems fine now i guess will have to do some testing

I have my AMD 1700 OC'd to equivalent of a P4 2.15ghz with no problems,,

I could go higher , but my RAM is not of the best quality and crashes,,

but when I get some crucial, or mushkin,, I am going to push it farther,,

I know it will hit 2.4ghz,, but I want to get higher,,

heh heh

cheers

ahhh, so if my problem i got sucky ram so thats degrading the overclock and making the system unstable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom