$900 complete for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrobot

In Runtime
Hello all,

My friend asked me to put together a list of parts to build a custom complete PC (LCD Screen, mouse, keyboard, speakers (he doesn't want anything over 2.1) and the tower with all the parts) I do not know much about screens, so any advice would be appreciated!

Some requirements (stuff he wants):

80GB HDD
128MB Video card PCI-Express
1GB RAM
floppy drive
DVD/CD burner
LCD screen (17" to 19")
56k modem
speakers

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Edit: adding more stuff he wants...

shouldn't be a problem at all for that much money. i would try pricewatch.com and newegg.com and just start adding it together i think you could easily build a sweet computer for that kind of money.

i would ask your buddy stuff like how big a screen you want and are you gonna be gaming? then you can decide where most of the money should go.

Yes, I believe he will need an OS. XP Home w/ SP2 is $94.94 w/ S&H right now on NewEgg I think... The main purpose of the pc will be gaming. He does M$ Flight Sim 04, Tycoon, hunting, and NFS games. Nothing really graphics intensive... He wants a 17" to 19" LCD screen.

hi i have some real nice things for sale i could sell to you cheap most of it is like brand new. i have a 17 inche lcd monitor, 2.1 cyberacoustics speakers, and a wireless mouse/keyboard set. i could hook you up for cheaap lmk if your intrested.

kiIIxthexIights said:
hi i have some real nice things for sale i could sell to you cheap most of it is like brand new. i have a 17 inche lcd monitor, 2.1 cyberacoustics speakers, and a wireless mouse/keyboard set. i could hook you up for cheaap lmk if your intrested.
How much are you asking?
I'll tell you right now... my friend probably will want to buy it brand new, so no promises...

When it comes to a LCD I have heard that they can burn out easy so i would acually buy one brand new and have the warrenty form the company rather then buy one used if you wanted a used monitor i would go with a cheap CRT.

A litttle bit of a challenge. Ill see what i can come up with. Dont expect maxed graphics. Expect low-mid. Try to convince him to add a little more money, otherwise its gonna be kinda a weak system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom