lotsa fans and still not dropping in temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottjames84

In Runtime
Hello.

I am doing an experiment with my tempertures in my computer so I went out and brought some new fans.

I now have a total of 6 fans on and in my PC.

2X in front intake
1 x rear exhust
1 x side exhust
2 fans above my cpu fan which are exust.

The tempertures havent dropped dramatically or even really dropped at all which is odd.

Can anyone make any suggestions on my fan placement?

My case looks like a redneck case since the fans above the cpu are held there by silver duct-tape during this project haha.

temps are currently 46 degrees C with all 6 fans on 12 volts normally i run them on 5volts.

Front pic http://www.lostinmypc.com/pix/front.JPG

Side pic http://www.lostinmypc.com/pix/side.JPG

First of all, make sure your fans are all spinning the right way and pushing the air in one direction.

Second, with all those wires in the way, it doesn't look like air has anywhere it can flow, tie them off, rearrange them, but get them out of the way of the path of the air between intake and exhaust....maybe its just the angle of the picture, now that i look at it...take a pic of the rear also?

Third, what temperature are you talking about? is that your cpu? or ambient? If it's ambient...that's pretty high. So i'd assume its your cpu, which by just adding case fans isn't going to have a significant decrease without a better heatsink/fan.

Last, what is the ambient temp in the case?

how do i check the ambient temp?

I have tied the wires as best I can :( too many wires and not enought places to put them..

there is a clear path (well clear as i could get it) from the top front fan through to the cpu but the fans above the cpu are pushing air out,.

should I make the fans above the cpu push air onto the cpu? or one of the fans above the cpu?

maybe make the one facing the front be intake and the one facing the back be exhust?

Wow that stuff is roasting in there! The HDDs are really hot too.

For your CPU, I think the 1700 RPM fan is to blame. Seems pretty slow to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom