Vid cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering.. i have a 7800 gt. it runs everygame perfectly smootth highest settings. so why would anybody want anythiong better then that and spend like 650 on a x1900xt? whats really the advantages over the already pretty much perfect 7800 gt by buying the x1900xt? thanks guys.

like nothing, a few extra fps but not worth the cash, plus its ati,
it would be cheaper for you to SLI what u got pluse it would pwn the ati at hi res but its not worth it

People buy it because its the "newest and greatest" technology. It will also last longer than the 7800gt.

ATI is crap anyway. They mine as well be wiping their a$$es becuase they're flushing $$$ down the toliet anyway. DX10 cards will be out within the next 6 months. Why buy a POS for $650 when something that HUGE is that close! I want DX10 sooo bad but i don't think it will be on my next build in june/july...still be too expensive 4 me then if its out then. but a biggggggie to watch out for is the AM2 socket mobos. the 939 will no longer be supported so a new 939 mobo would be stupid too.

BennyV04988 said:
ATI is crap anyway. They mine as well be wiping their a$$es becuase they're flushing $$$ down the toliet anyway. DX10 cards will be out within the next 6 months. Why buy a POS for $650 when something that HUGE is that close! I want DX10 sooo bad but i don't think it will be on my next build in june/july...still be too expensive 4 me then if its out then. but a biggggggie to watch out for is the AM2 socket mobos. the 939 will no longer be supported so a new 939 mobo would be stupid too.

You're dissing ATI, but you forget that Nvidia is also coming out with atleast 3 new versions of the G70 series...G71, G72, and G73...So if you're using that argument, its Nvidia that's flushing $$$ down the toilet.

As for why people buy them, like was said above; Its the lastest and greatest, and it lasts longer. Also, the highest cards let you run at the highest resolutions, and if you've got the money, then why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom