F.e.a.r. Fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janwar1500

Solid State Member
My apologies if I posted this in the wrong place. My specs are FX-57, dual 7800 GT 256mb, 2 Gig Ram. I ran the Video Test Option of FEAR on maximum all settings and I receive anywhere between 82-88 f.p.s average at the end of the test. No OC'ing. Is that low, expected, or high for my specs? Thanks for information.

no thats good, don't be disappointed in anyway, fear demands alot on full quality, what screen resolution are you using?? is soft shadows on??

my 6800 gs full quality 2xAA 8xAniso(or whatever it is) can only get 50 on average, and thats on 1024x768... i would be very happy if i was hitting 80... but i chose not to lower the quality :(

I'm using the most demanding resolution. What is it? 1280X10?? Something like that. Don't know about soft shadows. Probably is on as I turned everything on. Thanks for the headsup.

well i think you may want to turn pixel doubling off.. i think thats a bad thing with it on, and 1280x1024 isnt most demanding, 1600x1200 is, but i wouldnt expect a dual 7800 gt's to be able to handle that really well, my friends 7800gtx 512's on 1600x1200 full quality only got 50-60fps average on that.. that game is very graphically hungry! haha

No offense by why in the **** did you get 2 GTs when you could afford a FX-57? Seems kinda redundant if you had the money. If you saved then im sorry for seeming like an *******.

P.P. Mguire said:
No offense by why in the **** did you get 2 GTs when you could afford a FX-57? Seems kinda redundant if you had the money. If you saved then im sorry for seeming like an *******.

... 2 gt's 256mb = $600.
... 2 gtx's 512mb = $1200...

is the game good? im not thinkin bout getting it cuz i heard its mad scary lol. but is it fun? can u play online with other ppl and shoot monsters together?

idk about online but the game is scary! more so than Doom 3 (which WAS scary,seriously) and it has some cool features too like "slomo" and insane guns etc. its fun

I only Play F.E.A.R. in the daylight...call me a wussie but after I saw that girl run by in the parking lot I Said **** THIS!

BennyV04988 said:
idk about online but the game is scary! more so than Doom 3 (which WAS scary,seriously) and it has some cool features too like "slomo" and insane guns etc. its fun

Crap now im screwed....I heard theres guys with chainsaws that pop out and cut your head off:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom