Building first PC need advice and possible suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

impulsebrklyn

Solid State Member
I need a new PC and i want to build one for myself. Not worried about the assembly just choosing the right products. Also this is my first AMD system!!!!!!!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4400CDBOX - Retail

OR

AMD Opteron 170 Denmark 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model OSA170DAA6CD
OR
AMD Opteron 170 Denmark 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model OSA170DAA6CD - OEM
Same cpu but 5 dollar difference? L2 cache 2mb or 2x1mb which is better?????

Thermaltake Armor Case
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4
Thermaltake HardCano 12 HDD Cooler and LCD Heat Monitor
ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED Cooling Fan with Heatsink
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Platinum System Memory Model
OCZ PowerStream OCZ520ADJSLI 520W Power Supply
Dvd/cd burn of some sort
Gefore 7800 gtx
using current sound card, monitor and speakers

How does this sound? Most likely will be playing with the overclocking but i cant decide on the processor. What is everyones thought on the asus mobo?

Thanks Chris

ok, well the reason the opteron 170 is 5 dollars different is because ones OEM, or Original Equipment Manufacturer. It comes with no hs+f, which is good for you, because you have a zalman. I'd go with the 170 instead of the other one. Also, you should get a different power supply: the Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply. Also, don't forget a hard drive and an OS. Good luck!

yeah forgot about those i got a bunch of HD's around that will more then work. I think I got two 80gb 10k scsis and a 250gb ide 7200rpm im gonna use. We will see when i put it together. Will most likely be using xp pro for the OS.

Also according to Newegg there is a difference in the L2 cache but i dont know how true that is. OEm is 2 x 1mb and retail is 2mb
????????

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom