which amd

Status
Not open for further replies.

nme923

Solid State Member
so i can either get a amd x2 4400, x2 4800, or opteron175, or the fx 57 (san diego). whats probably the best buy for a serious gamer? i am some what of a "professional" gamer as some like to call though i am ashamed to say it myself. I want something that will have max performance for games such as counter-strike, and mostly fear and cod2. as for the gfx card... i was thinking of getting a 7800gtx 512mb but i think ill just go with a 7800gtx 256mb. or maybe wait for this new g71...? help please.

mike dude, the fx-57 still out performs the fx-60 now, the fx-60 will only take the lead when we get multi thread apps. since the fx-57 is still a higher core clock it will run faster the the 60 hence the game will run better. plus on newegg its $300 cheaper.

X2 4800+ if thats the choice.... but if you are a gomer then I think FX-57 all the way its designed for that... u dont buy a ferry with 120,000 HP or so if you want speed? just because its more powerful, doesnt mean its quiker........ if u see what i mean!?!?!

That analogy doesnt really make sense. The fx 57 isnt necessarily the best choice although it is best for single threaded applications. At this point I personally think buying a single core CPU is illogical because very soon everything will be taking advantage of the dual core. The difference in a single threaded application will be negligable because all of the single threaded games out today arn't really that demanding on the processor, more on the GPU. If you want to OC get the opteron, if not then get the 4800+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom