200GB HDD Seagate Samsung 7200

500W+ Power Supply

Motherboard GIGABYTE SLIGA775

DVD ROM/Writer

External Fans

ATX Case
-------
Total (Avg): $1,800 AU (+/-)

Now, I need a good Graphics Card, and a good monitor.
I think that the LCD Sony or a BENQ Monitor would be great
as it is 4MS and good money.

So if anyone can point me in a good direction with a good
priced PC with a great Graphics Card (Preferbly nVidia - I don't want ATI) that would be splendid!

I am also building this.. So.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Andy.

ok, thats the best video card you can get, you have a P4 mobo, you should get a MSI Neo mobo, what site are you buying from? or from a store

Well Im actually going to look around Warehouses... you know like direct from the retailer... but we have a friend in the computer industry who owns his own store, and we will most likely get it from him...

Even if I have to pay a little more, i would rather, because then
if something goes wrong I have more of a chance of getting it replaced/fixed for free....

Umm, so most likely a store.. but like little things like RAM I will get from Swapmeets.

MSI Neo Motherboard, is that SLI-Ready? Because for future refrence I want SLI just incase I go with 2 nVidia's... and how much are we lookin at there...?

Cheers.

sLi isn't a waste. look at the benches. If you like beautiful gaming...you like SLi. SLi kicks the $hit out of a single in high AA ANIS. almost 100% efficiency out of a 2nd card.

But wait for DX10...and Vista...and the 7900 and M2s...gosh this next year is going to kill me...here comes "the big chill" in computerland as a new wave of tech madness in unleashed. The era of 939s...DX9..and XP will all be over in late-mid 2006. Its a really BAD time to build a new computer now. But its all up to you though. If you want to build and then sell or what not. However, your not gonna want to miss this stuff. If you haven't checked out DX10 or Vista, etc you might just wanta google it. "YIKES thats hot...."

Yea I look at the benches. I only see SLI useful on like super high resolution with everything on high.

if i were you ide go witha better cpu, like the 3800+....and if you can afford it,....the 4200+ thats what i have and it kicks ***.

Well I am looking for something that is affordable but a good system. I love my Gaming and Graphics, but with Games I don't mind if they arn't SUPER HIGH like some people like... I have always been a performance person.

But, I know with the 7800 GTX I will get it good... Price consideration, I think the 3700+ AMD Athlon 64-Bit.

Was going to get Dual Core, but too expensive. So I just need good tips.

Thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom