I dont know what kind of mobo I have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbernie41

In Runtime
I got bought a custom built computer and I disassmbled it and reassembled it. I have tried many different things to fix it but nothing has worked so far. The speaker inside my case keeps making long beeps and people are telling me that these are BIOS codes. Well I cant figure out what kind of mobo I have because I have no manual and there are all different chips and things everywhere with different model numbers and things. I want to find out what kind of mobo I have so I can look up a manual online for it so I can fix my comp. So what so I be specifically looking for? Ummm maybe the pic will help???
mobo.jpg

Hmmm, all I can find is that it got an ALI chipset... Try googling the numbers found on the chips, maybe. Like ALI m1542. (All I could read from the pic)

Could be a Gigabyte, I think. :confused:

Placebo said:
D'oh!

Heh heh, that'll teach me to read posts more carefully...well it is 02:11am now...

More caffeine needed i think!

:eek:

I have to admit, I really nearly suggested an app, then, I thought, hmmm, if the mobo's not in, maybe he doesn't want to reassemble the whole thing... lol and I read the post just then... :rolleyes:

If it is giving long beeps, may be you have not inserted memory in the slots properly. First see to it. Check the orientation. and so does old SDRAM. I seems from the pic that you have SDRAM.
Check your memory too. That might be bad also !
Since you have ISA slots it dates back to PIII era. And the cpu is socket type. It should be of time of intel 810 chipset. Umm pretty 2 to 3 years back.

But first try with memory and post me your cpu type. If you have any thing printed on mothboard give it here. Also check someting printed on LPT port. Usuall practise is to paste a sticker.

Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom