is this 6800 good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
my friend said he could get me this card pretty cheap {PNY GeForce 6800 GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Verto Video Card}
is this a good card i am pretty sure it is and about how much would it be in stores thanks

Exactly how much did your friend say he could get this for? If it is about the same price of an EVGA, I'd go with the EVGA for their level of quality and the Step-Up Program. I don't know much about PNY, which means they must not be all that popular, so I'll suggest EVGA if the price difference turns out to be negligible.

I'm guessing a good wholesaler could get that for about $210-$230.
But yeah, it's no 7800GT or X1800, but its still an awesome card.

when i said my friend could get me one my friends friend is selling his computer and has one of these cards in it and said he will sell it to my friend (hope you got that)

It's a good card. Minestill holds up to current games (CS:S DOD:S BF2 ETC) with VERY playable fps.

AMD6415 said:
when i said my friend could get me one my friends friend is selling his computer and has one of these cards in it and said he will sell it to my friend (hope you got that)

Oh well, if it's a discount, I'd go for it :p.

Or just wait until the 7900 series are released ... Oh I can see the 7800GT's falling to $250 and below already 8)

won't go down to 250 for a while. the 6800GT's didn't fall that bad when the g7 came out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom