My first case mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
Here's some pics.

I took a generic beige AOpen case, I think a Q45 or something, painted it black, added an xoxide 80mm inlet fan, a 60mm vantec exhaust fan, removed the case cutout airflow mounts with some generic fan guards, replaced the LEDs and painted the buttons/drive covers.

comp1.jpg

This picture is in the dark to show the light eminating from the side grate of the comp and under the front panel. Poor quality, but you get the idea.
comp2.jpg

I am afraid that the window will make the computer way too bright if I leave it on at night (or are there switches on ccfls?) and according to my relative with the Dremel tool, cutting out a big window would be very difficult to make straight or professional-looking, which is what I would require if I were to do it.

Any ideas? I think someone mentioned first making a tin cutout?

well you could cut a few holes in the side of the case with the dremel and add some more 80MM fans.

I don't know of any way to get a perfect circle cutout with a dremel tool, plus more 80mm fans would make it quite loud. I think I have all the fans I want. The 60mm exhaust fan doesn't even blow out warm air anymore now that I have the 80mm inlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom