Monitor flickering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
Every once in a while, most of the time when I first start the computer up, my monitor will flicker on and off. I have checked the connection cables and everything seems to be secure. Anyone know what may be causing this?

flicker on and off? Well, if it doesn't do it any other time I say forget about it. If it's a new problem, or it happens randomly when booted, I would guess the monitors failing, that or theres a prob. with you video card. If it doesn't do it after windows boots and or it's been doing it as long as you have had your computer, it's probably some power quirk with the comp or video card and I wouldn't worry about it.

Go in your display properties and in setting tab select advance. Go under the monitor tab. It may be different depending on the driver software used. Try increasing your refresh rate(in Hertz). But make sure your monitor can take it. This usually cures flickering.

Well, it hasnt been doing it since I have had the computer. It just recently started doing it. It does only do it when it first starts up though. I will try what you said CopperFrog and let you know what happens. Thanks for the help.

Well I upped it by 10 HERTS and that was all cause I dont know how much my computer can take. Is there a way I can find out so that I dont screw anything up?

My Helpdesk is getting increasing calls about flickering monitors. users are describing it as "if several screenshots are being taken." I will try replacing the video card first. Although is sounds like it may be a virus or spyware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom