No operating system found

Status
Not open for further replies.
warez-I can't get into the bios-I tried F1 &F12 but it will not allow me to get into the bios, so I'm not sure how to do the above step. Do you think it is locked, if I hit any keys it just says:
NTLDR is missing
Press any key to restart
I'm at wits end. Would you explain how I can get into the bios.

redneckbcer said:
warez-I can't get into the bios-I tried F1 &F12 but it will not allow me to get into the bios, so I'm not sure how to do the above step. Do you think it is locked, if I hit any keys it just says:
NTLDR is missing
Press any key to restart
I'm at wits end. Would you explain how I can get into the bios.

DISCONNECT THE HARDDRIVE. THAT WILL GET YOU TO BIOS

mikee said:
when you first turn on your computer hold del down.

THATS THE ANSWER, I FORGOT WHICH KEY. MAKES SENSE.

OH BY THE WAY, IF YOUR CAPS LOCK LIGHT IS NOT ON, YOU ARE YELLING AT ME. BECAUSE I HAVE ALWAYS DONE THINGS BY THE LIGHT.

I SAID THAT BECAUSE THATS THE WAY THE W.W.W. THINKS. THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT. ACTUALLY, IF THE LIGHT IS NOT ON, I WON'T HEAR YOU TO WELL.

HOPE THIS IS NOT TOO DEEP FOR THIS FORUM

I took the bios batterry out of computer for 15min. The computer now has the settings screen. I also used the floppy with boot98se.exe. This allowed me to delete and and set up the different DOS partitions. I was'nt sure on the size to proportion each one. Mine I believe had 19469, but gave primary 12000,extended 4000 and the rest to logical.
After that I installed Windows 2000 Pro. It ran till it came to A: but I wasn't sure what to do at this point, as if I had to type something in.
If I'm going to run Windows 2000Pro and this computer was designed for Windows NT and 98, should I have used the boot for 2000 which is" makeboot.exe" or was boot98.exe ok to use to put Windows 2000 in as the operating drive.

98 bootdisk is fine, I use it for XP all the time. just taje the floppy out and it shouldnt go to a:

I was closer last nite than today. Last nite I could delete and setup the drives using the boot98se.exe floppy. Today there was no drives and the boot98se.exe doesn't seem to be working.the screen says:
Invalid system disc
Replace the disc, and then press any key. When I eject the floppy it goes back to the black screen telling you to hit f1 or f12. When I turn the computer off/on ti goes to post start up errors which is 1801 PCI/PNP-No space available to shadow ROM. Then I can continue or exit out of there from the configuration settings.Any ideas.
Thanks

If now your getting error messages when you try and boot from the floppy then maybe the floppy died. Try making another one just to make sure that its not the disk thats the problem at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom