applying gel

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait i have another question... if i get the zalman cnps.. do i have to take out my entire mobo? it seems like something has to be mounted on the underside of the mobo.

I installed a Thermaltake Typhoon over an Athalon 3200XP and am really happy with it. I play Far Cry, among others, and the temp never gets above 118 F. You have to make sure that your mobo has two mounting holes on either side of the processor, tho. Otherwise, you are limited in what heatsink you can use.

ooo jeez.... i really dont wanna take this whole thing apart lol. my temp is 50-54 at load so maybe i can get away with some better case cooling and just adding some arctic silver to my existing heatsink. what do ya think?

I know it's a ***** but it's worth it. With some AS5 and better case airflow you'd probably be getting high 40's.

so are you saying i should get the new heatsink.. or will the better caseflow and as5 be good enough with my stock heatsink?

ok im gonna take off my heatsink and add as5.. then im gonna buy some really good fans.. and also make my main side fan intake with a filter.. hopefully this will eliminate the need for a new HSF. i mean cmon.. im not even Ocing.. i dont see why i should have to buy a new HSF

I would agree with you...... but I DON'T!!!

Dude just get the zalman or thermaltake heatsink/fan, quit being lazy, take apart your comp. and install them, then put it back together being aware of cord layout so that you have better airflow. In the end you will have a nice cool system with good cord management that you can easily OC if you want to (which by the way you definately should, I have the exact same CPU and it OC's easily to 2.7 and gets a great performance increase. If you get a lucky stepping you could get 2.9 out of it.)

AS5 and good airflow is great but you are getting temps with no OC that are MUCH higher than mine OCed to 2.7

Seems stupid to me to waste money on a bunch of fans and such that will probably make ur system louder instead of spending about $46 on newegg for the Thermaltake Big Typhoon and getting great temps and an incredibly quiet cooler that reduces the noise of your entire system. Anyway thats all the yapping I intend to do, sorry for babbling so much, I am bored.

Cheers and good luck :D

that makes sense.. but as for overclocking.. i was told that my valueselect ram.. and evga mobo werent good for over clocking.. is this true?

also.. i have NOOO idea how to overclock.. i read this sticky in this forum about AMD overclocking.. but it left me just as confused :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom