CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk97

In Runtime
Alright, so I've got everything I'm going to buy for my new setup sorted out. Only problem is the cooler I was going to go with isn't very good for overclocking, or so I've heard.

I was going to get the Blue Orb II , but I was told it had pretty poor OC performance, after checking some reviews it apperently wasn't recommended for OCing.

So now I'm wondering what to use. I've got a budget of about ~$40 for the Heatsink and I'm wondering what to buy.

I'll be running a opteron 165, I'm shooting to OC it to 2.6, but anything 2.2 and above is fine w/ me. I'd love the cooler to be as quiet as freaking possible. I also will be moving the computer to friends houses a couple of times a month, so I don't want something that might break off or anything.

I was looking at these and wondering if they have better performance or have the same problem as the Orb...

Zalman 7000 or the all copper one

Other wise I heard this has good performance and is extremely quiet, Tt typhoon

but it seems to install a little 'un safely' or at least I would think so...

I've been told to get the XP-90, but I can only buy from Newegg or Mwave and it's $50 from the egg... then I gotta get a quiet, good fan so it'll cost a bit... any suggestions?
And if it glows blue then all the better.

MMmmm ya someone else sent me there too... So if I bought that, what fan should I use for it? I'd perfer a blue led fan and as quiet as I can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom