Computer Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
I'm not so happy currently.

It seems that after 13 hours my Hard drive becomes unreadable by operating systems. This could be a hardware or software problem

I have reformated My copy of XP 2 times today only to find that after I turn the PC back on I get a classic "DISK BOOT FAILURE PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK. PRESS ANY KEY TO RESTART".

Could be a hardware problem as this happens very often and it just isn't windows thats affected my Linux partitons on my other harddrives are shot as well. I recently moved the PC down a flight of stairs did I destroy it? (scramble the HD heads?)

Could be a PSU problem I recently added a front fan to the case, I used a splitter and the cord now provides power to the HD and the fan instead of just the HD. Is it possible that my PSU cannot power my system?

Could I just be unlucky and have both Windows and Linux fail at the same time when I turn off the PC to never be seen again?

I've been exploring many relms of possibility and am still testing if you think it's something else please tell me.

This is a repeat thread in the windows forum and the hardware forum as it could be one or the other that is causing these issues.

Probably would work but I don't want to boot off of a floppy every time I turn on this PC...

Sure thing at the most it's a temperary fix thanks this should work till I can find the problem.

Tyler1989 - When I have a problem that requires formatting, I go the long way: I go to the "A prompt", and enter "format c:" (no quotes). If I get the msg "doesn't support format", I go to fdisk, and delete the partitions. This usually lets me do "format c:". This way I know that Windows XP formatting from the install disc doesn't miss something. I can then install XP (after letting the disc format again) and have not had any trouble, until the next time I delete something I shouldn't.

It seems that after 13 hours my Hard drive becomes unreadable by operating systems

HOW CAN THAT BE SINCE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM IS ON THE HARD DRIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom