Is this a normal 3dmark05 score for a 256mb geforce 7800gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I have a geforce 7800gt installed on my amd 64 3700+ computer with a gig of ram. My 3dmark score was 68550. Isn't this kind of low for this type of card? During games such as cs:s i get frame rate drops during action of 40fps. I am usually in the 65-120 fps range, however. Post what you think. Maybe it is the fact that i have a Jaton and not an established brand.

hmm thats a big drop, are you running Anti Aliasing & Antistropic Filetring? maybe thats why but it should be running it fine. I dont know anything about 3D Mark reference scores so i cant help you there

I also had this problem with a different pc with the same graphics card. I wish i could return it for a different brand, but that is no longer possible because it is older than thirty days. This really sucks. I just hope the card isn't inhibiting my pc from gaining fps in the future with better cards. Maybe the card is damaging my pc or something.... I have no idea. Are there any settings that one must change to get these things to work right?

Make sure that you have good airflow, that the card isn't automatically downclocking itself due to heat. Also, make sure that you have the right power connectors connecting to the card. If it's not recieving the right amount of power, it's obviously not going to perform to it's standard.

Like others have said, disable AA and AF, it's a killer on any video card.

Are you sure these results aren't normal? I get better 3dmark scores than others with 7800gt's, but my fps are still sucking.

the brand of vid. card has nothing to do with performance unless one has a crappy heatsink like XFX vs. Leadtek, or if one is overclocked stock. All 7800GT's have the same GPU, no matter who made it.

stainer711 said:
I have a geforce 7800gt installed on my amd 64 3700+ computer with a gig of ram. My 3dmark score was 68550. Isn't this kind of low for this type of card? During games such as cs:s i get frame rate drops during action of 40fps. I am usually in the 65-120 fps range, however. Post what you think. Maybe it is the fact that i have a Jaton and not an established brand.

ummmm..... i think you made a mistake on your 3dmark. I dont think your *any* computer can pull a 68550 on 3dmark05.

are you sure it isnt 6855?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom