CPU caused Motherboard to die twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezman

Beta member
Hi I want to buy a amd 4000 CPU from this guy, it has been used for for 4 months, but this is what he says about it:

"I used the chip for a good solid two months on a ASUS A8N-E Motherboard. I then bought a larger graphics card, and not realizing I didn't have a large enough power supply the motherboard stopped responding.. I sent the board back to be fixed and I got it back. I returned the graphics card and used an old one of mine not as powerful. I also bought a new PSU and everything worked again for about 1 week then the board died again. I bought a new A8N-E board which worked for about two weeks then it died also. I can't say for sure if the CPU is causing these boards to die on me, but I am leaning more to the idea that the boards are just defect. I can't see why I CPU would mess up a board after a week of using it.

I just want to warn people that I am not responsible if your board dies from the CPU I am selling. It really shouldn't if the board is made right and I now have grown to never buy a ASUS board again. But I can't guarantee anything. I recommend if you are really concerned about the chip hurting your board maybe send it back to AMD and have them run a test on it to make sure it's 100% ok. One pin did bend VERY slightly when I took it out once, but I straightened it out. I tested it and it now fits ok into the socket. "

Please provide your input, and is this possible?
Thanks alot

ezman said:
How could a PSU demage a motherboard?
You think I should buy the CPU?

A cpu should not fry a motherboard unless its under extreme overclock. Anyway i would buy the cpu and if it is stuff you can probably get it replaced under warranty pretty easy.

I would say it was a PSU problem also, or that guy just really sux at puttin PCs together.

If the PSU doesn't provide the correct voltages to its components, it will destroy everything in the PC.

As mentioned, he had a POS PSU which couldn't handle the load which made the PSU screw up and fry some components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom