Mouse doesn't respond over hyperlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie7823

Baseband Member
Xp keeps rebooting

I'm repairing a computer that doesn't respond over hyperlinks every once in a while. On my computer they do respond so i know that they arent broken links. I've ran norton and avg. nothing found. One other think, Iv'e already made another thread about this but no working responces. My search and windows update icons in my start menu do not work. Plz help me

go in internet explorer, click tools -> internet options.

go to the general tab, click colors at the bottom, click the appropriate color settings for hyperlinks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XP Repair install

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, read this Warning#2!
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

i did what u told me to do and now the computer is rebooting at xp load screen........ this can't be good.

lol, nope. I dono what to do. Not my computer. You think it could be bad ram? All my probs were update, search and shutdown buttons do not work. and now the computer keeps rebooting..... what you think?

ya. thats when it all started. lol. i know that should have fixed the prob. can't say this is the first timke this has happened either. just can't remember the solution. other than reinstalling windows. but the owner said reinstalling windows is a negetive...

ya, i thought that might be the biggest issue right now lol. after i added the reg key and repaired the os from the screen u said. it rebooted and everytime it ges to the loading windows xp screen it reboots again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom