Dr_Abdullah

Beta member

Hi all,

BitComet does don work in our university

i need a program to bypass tthe firewall and so bitcomet will work

your help in appreciated alot

thanks
:)

Basically, you find a way round, the university will cut your connection, so don't bother. There is a reason that firewall is there, to stop outsiders getting in, and insiders opening up the network to security threats.

Dr_Abdullah said:

Hi all,

BitComet does don work in our university

i need a program to bypass tthe firewall and so bitcomet will work

your help in appreciated alot

thanks
:)

Changing the ports your program is using may work. However if I am thinking right, you need to port foward to use most torrents. And you cannot port foward on their routers.

This is a tough subject because most of us here work in the I.T. industry as network administrators or systems analyst's which it is our job/responsibility to keep our networks secure. They have firewalls and ports blocked for a reason not really to prevent you from enjoying the internet experience, but to keep the network secure.

Can it be done? Yep it sure can, but as mentioned they will EASILY track you down and cut off your internet connection. So basically it comes down to do you wish to use the bit torrent client until you are caught and have no internet at all for the rest of your school term or have the internet for the rest of the school term and have no bit torrent client.

Win2kpatcher said:
This is a tough subject because most of us here work in the I.T. industry as network administrators or systems analyst's which it is our job/responsibility to keep our networks secure. They have firewalls and ports blocked for a reason not really to prevent you from enjoying the internet experience, but to keep the network secure.

Can it be done? Yep it sure can, but as mentioned they will EASILY track you down and cut off your internet connection. So basically it comes down to do you wish to use the bit torrent client until you are caught and have no internet at all for the rest of your school term or have the internet for the rest of the school term and have no bit torrent client.

I must say, their probolly waay too undermaned to track people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom