Upgrading my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibadk

Beta member
Whats goin on guys. I'm just looking for people's advice/opinion on some upgrades i want to do to my PC. Currently I am running a 2.2 Ghz Processor with 512 MB of ram and two hard drives one is a 40 gig the other is a 20 gig. I wanted to know what key upgrades i could do to enhance the performance. Specifically, all i really want to do is to be able to play video games such as Battlefield 2, and all the new genre games, without having to view a lagging slideshow instead of free motion graphics. My thoughts on improving are adding a new graphics card and ram. Would this improve performance at all?...my budget is $300 CAD. what could i do with that in order to improve performance. I was checking some prices out and the Diamond Viper Radeon 9600XT impressed me. WOuld this be the right direction to go????.

You will get a lagging slideshow with that processor... Just save up for a new computer, i am bought a x2 3800 dual core, 6800nu, 1gb ram 80gb hard drive for around 870$, you just need 500 more or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom