System File Sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I figured it out. You can share the Programs file folders and I just confirmed this with my other pc. This is what you do. Download this tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/recommended/scm/default.asp
x86 (Intel) Version
2.) Run the scesp4i.exe file and extract all files to a temporary directory.
3.) Right-click on the setup.inf file and choose the install option.
4.) Answer no if asked to overwrite essent.dll.
5.)Reboot

Then go to the program files folder, right click share it, reboot

Then go to the program files folder again, right click it, go to sharing and security, go to the security you now have which you didnt have before you installed the .inf file, go thru all the group and user names and make sure each user and groups have full access to all the files. Creator Owner will NOT have any check marks in both boxes on each side so skip this user and go to the next. Then go to advanced, permissions, make sure each user has full access to the folder. You will see a description to the far right under apply to section. After all this, reboot. You still wont be able to select sharing and security directly from the program files folder but if you go to the other pc, map the c drive, you can now access it from the program files folder, not just access the individual folders like I said to do before.

no, not if you download the file. Give it a try. Im working on finding out how I can share the windows folder.

OK, got it. Go to folder options, view, uncheck simple file sharing. Now share the c:\windows folder and check the other system. Make sure you give the user full access to the c:\windows folder.
Anything else you need?

by unchecking simple file sharing, you can now share out the c:\program files by adding a checkmark in both boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom