my first shupment got here and..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesta

Baseband Member
I got my case, power supply and mobo.

So i went in and started putting what i could together. but i ran across a problem. my case has 4 fans, a fan control switch, the mobo also uses a 4 slot power cable.

Then i have 2 hdd coming and a dvd-r, that totals 9 things that need power and only 4 connectors. So my question is, is it to much to have all 4 fans and the fan control plugged into one power line?

Then i have one going to each hdd, and one split between the mobo and dvd-r.

other then this i think i have everything connected properly.

I thought fan controllers limited the number of hookups... Don't you just have to plug the fan controller in once, and then plug all of your fans into it?

Ryan

they all have one in and one out power line, so yeah, the controller and 4 fans are all linked together. Just wondering if thats to many things to have linked into one line from the power supply.

There are two lines from the power supply with peripheral connections.

one has 2 peripheral, then another connector at the end. this one im using for my 2 hdd's.

The other has 3 peripheral, then a fdd type at the end. this line is the one im worried about. the first peripheral goes into the drd-r, the second goes into the fan controller, then splits into the 4 fans, the 3rd peripheral goes into the mobo, and the fdd also connects to the mobo.

so in total, 8 things running off one line out of the power supply. I got the antec true power 2.0 550w psu, it has 2 seperate lines for fans, but the guide says its not compatiable with a manuel fan switch like i have. so i cant use those.

I really wouldn't sweat it. Fans take almost no power. You almost never use the floppy, especially at the same time as the other optical drives. If it were my computer to build, I wouldn't be apprehensive.

Ryan

Most of the power comes directly from the power supply. To power the fans, you plug the wires into the motherboard, not the power supply. To power the fans through the controller, plug the controller wire into the motherboard, and plug the fan wires into the controller. No, it won't take too much power...

Maybe I'm way off, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

im new to this, i just dont want to fry stuff when i turn it on :)

but thanks for putting me at ease hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom