Changing to new case

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindApex

In Runtime
hey, im looking into buying a new case for my comp and transferring all my parts to it. Right now I have a Sony PCV-RX560, P4, hd/cd-re/dvd, the works.

here's the case I'm looking at, its the Thermaltake Xaser III Lanfire:

http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Mer...=PROD&Product_Code=7232CASE&Category_Code=360

I'm doin this mostly for looks, and want to add some rounded cables/cathodes.

what's the best way to go about transferring all my parts to the new case?

thx in advance

Well, computer parts can be hard to remove, I suggest a cowbar. Seriously, all you have to do is unscrew them one by one and put them in the new case one by one. Make sure you Unplug the computer before you do anything of course. To save time you can leave the CPU and Ram attached, they wont get in the way. Have fun with the new case, it's cool.

you shouldunderstand how to re-connect all your wires back into their correct pins for USB, front panel, . . . .hmm guess that's actually most of it. as long as you dont short circuit the USB +5volt & -5volt pins together you are safe. doing that should fry your computer nicely. if you are tranfering hardware from a pre-manufactered computer like dell, gateway, hp, compaq, emachines. . .you are really wasting your money.

As ekÆsine has stated all you will need to know his how and where to put your wires and hardware back in.
However, some complications might arrise like that case being very complicated and when you take your hardware out of your old computer make sure you are very delicate as some may get danmaged when taken out.

yup the case is VERY complicated...but I'm hoping to buy the case now and when I get enough money, strip all the parts out and put in a top of the line system (for today's standards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom