rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I have built myself a new computer
Giga-byte 81875 ULTRA MOBO
P4 2.8
WD 160 gigs hard-drive

now i am trying to install windows xp on it,
i put the windows xp cd in the cd rom, it goes through the boot sequence and comes up with the following message

please wait for IDE scan
Verifying DMI Pool Data
Boot from CD:
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
Please help me
Regards

my CD is not a bootable version of windows xp and i do not have the boot disks around.
windows xp is the only installation of windows i have at the moment, what should i do?

all winXP versions are bootable unless some idiot didn't know how to patch winxp to the corporate version right. it sounds to me like you connecting your hard disk in-correctly.

set your hard disk jumper to cable select and make sure you plug the 4pin power cable into it and the IDE cable. it's probably something you overlooked

Ek... it's probably a pirated copy ..that's y it doesn't boot ... Otherwise ..as u said ..all copies of winXp are bootable ..

Another way to install Xp ..instead of using the 6 floppy bootdisk ..would be to boot with a Win98 bootdisk with Cdrom support.. then go to the Winxp CD ..find the I386 Directory
Type WinNT
Setup will proceed...

just boot your computer using the windows 98 boot disk

(with cd rom support)

then change the drive to D (or e which ever your cd drvie is)

and then type

setup.exe

Trax said:
just boot your computer using the windows 98 boot disk

(with cd rom support)

then change the drive to D (or e which ever your cd drvie is)

and then type

setup.exe

That is one of the few reasons I still hold on to my old Win98 boot disks.

I had the same problem when I blew my 4th Maxtor harddrive. (I'm a diehard WD/Seagate guy now. :p) Though I say use the discs since they are the easiest way to go.

Hi,
i tried the windows 98 floppy disk solution,
it botos but it does not see my cd rom.
the 6 disk solution from microsoft worked like a charm.

I installed most of the stuff, however the ethernet port does not go, it says there is no driver installed.
I installed all the drivers on the cd rom from gigaybte. (The MOBO is a Gigabyte 81875 ULTRA), but no driver for the onboard lan card.

i went to the gigabyte site, and downloaded and installed one of the driver which i thought was right( driver for xp with no AP). that did not work either.
can you tell me where to find the driver for the LAN port.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom