direct x10??

Status
Not open for further replies.
this puts me in a very tough situation on buying a new video card.... : ( i bet the dx10 cards will cost gahgahs...and i had planned on SLi'n a 7800GT/GTX...what to do! what to do! I don't think i could buy a new card wo/DX10 if its release was within the next 10 months with the 7900. that would be a waste of $$$. I heard an absurd rumor that MS was ****ed off at Nvidia for being like ultrakicka$$ so they might cut them off from DX10? anyone know anything about this rubbish?
Like Flanker said stop fretting. If you want SLID 7800GTXs then get it, it will work on Vista.
P.P. Mguire you really are going to ditch a 6800gt for a 7800gs? I mean the 7800gs will definitly be better but it seems somewhat pointless for the cash/performace gain ratio. Well nothing is set in stone yet about the 7800gs I dont think, but how much better can it be then the 6800gt, if the rumors are true and its a 16 pipeline card. I'm sticking with my 6800gs, which is substantially crappier then the gt.
Indeed i am. Not only would i be upgrading my Main rig but you forgot i have 2 rigs. I would be updating my LAN rig considerately for way better performance at LANs which i attend every month. Yes there are things set in stone, one guy already has one lol. 16pipe card w/ clocks not much higher than a 6800ultra. On watercooling (which my LAN rig will have VERY soon) my 6800GT(ultra) will be able to reach those speeds im hoping so ill have what? The equivalent to a 7800GS in each machine. Win win situation id say.
I was mainly directing it at karpfish24, but there has been a lot of sourceless speculation on unreleased hardware and directx recently on the forums. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there are a lot of people that are .
Tyler tests Vista and gets information from Microsoft. Im sure hes trustworthy.
Is there anything confirmed about DX10 or DX10 hardware?
Not to be rude but are you blind? Ive posted already that Avalon hardware will be G80 and R580(?) chips along w/ it will come out Q2 of 2007 and it will only come in the premium edition of Vista. Which means the buku exspensive one.

P.P. Mguire said:
Not to be rude but are you blind? Ive posted already that Avalon hardware will be G80 and R580(?) chips along w/ it will come out Q2 of 2007 and it will only come in the premium edition of Vista. Which means the buku exspensive one.

Well I guess I forgot what you had said earlier about that. It was a simple question. It's sometimes hard to read forum threads because there are so many bias's and rumors that people think are real. I'll take your word for it however, you sound like you are knowledgful and have sources.

By premium edition of vista do you mean Home Premium or Ultimate? Also, if the others don't come with DX10, will they come with DX9.0d that someone had mentioned earlier?

i heard there just gonna make like an upgrade of dx9?? iunno well we will just have to wait and see wat they plan on doing

Well I guess I forgot what you had said earlier about that. It was a simple question. It's sometimes hard to read forum threads because there are so many bias's and rumors that people think are real. I'll take your word for it however, you sound like you are knowledgful and have sources.
Lol its cool, and my source happens to be right here in this forum. He has a Vista post somewhere on here that i look at frequently. I wish all the noobs would go see it oucne in a while.:p
By premium edition of vista do you mean Home Premium or Ultimate? Also, if the others don't come with DX10, will they come with DX9.0d that someone had mentioned earlier?
i heard there just gonna make like an upgrade of dx9?? iunno well we will just have to wait and see wat they plan on doing
I would have been the one to mention the upgrade to 9C which would happen to be 9D. Im thinking its the ultimate that will come out in Q2 of 2007. The rest will use the DX9d and im sure there will be some kind of way to upgrade to Avalon.

P.P. Mguire said:
I would have been the one to mention the upgrade to 9C which would happen to be 9D. Im thinking its the ultimate that will come out in Q2 of 2007. The rest will use the DX9d and im sure there will be some kind of way to upgrade to Avalon.

I'm glad I'm starting to drift away from gaming, because all this (insert other words for poop here) from Microsoft is really angrifying me. I enjoy using Linux, and the fact that I'm learning C++ right now, is only drawing me closer to it and away from Windows. If Microsoft is making DX10, why not make it available on every version of their next OS? There are people who are gonna build budget gaming computers, who wont be able to afford the Ultimate edition, but they will have decent enough computers to run DX10.

AnthraX said:
I'm glad I'm starting to drift away from gaming, because all this (insert other words for poop here) from Microsoft is really angrifying me. I enjoy using Linux, and the fact that I'm learning C++ right now, is only drawing me closer to it and away from Windows. If Microsoft is making DX10, why not make it available on every version of their next OS? There are people who are gonna build budget gaming computers, who wont be able to afford the Ultimate edition, but they will have decent enough computers to run DX10.

Home Edition comes with DX10...

P.P. Mguire was saying that only Ultimate edition comes with DX10. Unless I was reading what he posted wrong.

Either He's wrong, or whoever He's getting his info from is wrong. This is Windows Vista Ultimate;

This edition will work as a superset of the Home and Professional editions and additionally come with podcasting support—which Microsoft has renamed "blogcasting"—a game performance tweaker (code-named WinSAT), DVD ripping capabilities, and possibly supporting special online services for downloadable media, as well as additional customer service options. The Ultimate Edition is aimed to be the most impressive edition of Vista, aimed for high-end PC users, gamers, multimedia professionals, or PC enthusiasts. This version is "the best choice" for people who want the best in their Windows Vista experience.

To only include DX10 in one of the versions would be stupid. If Tyler said that, I care even less. Tyler is about as reliable as my next door neighbor.

Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is the official name for DX10/Avalon. It ships will all versions of Vista, escept for the starter edition which is only an alternative to piracy, and doesn't support 64-bit processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom