Help installing custom computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

Solid State Member
Well i bought a bunch of parts online and built a computer. Im pretty sure i have it all hooked up right. When i turned it on at first i got some a screen saying press f2 for setup, stuff like that, and i tried them all but nothing happened. i know my keyboard works cause its glowing and only will do that if its plugged in to comp. after that screen it would go to one telling me to reboot and add a boot disc. Well i did that a bunch of times, with the cd that came with the motherboard inside, but nothing happened. I did this a few times and now the monitor just gives me a blank screen the whole time, button on it is yellow...any ideas as to whats wrong?

The motherboard might be DOA i would RMA that board and try a new one that might be the problem. Is this video card onboard?

but that woudln't be the problem for the monitor i think the motherboard is doa and he needs to return it for a new one or a differnt one.

ok so you think this motherboard is defective and i should get a new one?

Moo said:
I did this a few times and now the monitor just gives me a blank screen the whole time, button on it is yellow...any ideas as to whats wrong?
I had the same problem make sure your monitor is plugged into your video card instead of the on-board video.

kiIIxthexIights said:
YA GET YOUR MONEY BACK...oops sry bout the caps..although when i tryed to geta refund from newegg it took like 3 weeks =\
But you still got the refund, NEWEGG ROCKS!!!

What kind of mobo is it? Take the mobo out of the case and put it on some cardboard or the antistatic bag. and see if the mobo turns on. i had a similar problem recently and it was my HDD that went bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom