sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anphrax said:
Going to be required to play any of the new games within the year. It is a very good idea to buy a mobo (motherboard) with SLI features. Usually they come packed with pci-e (pci-express), which is another good feature! PCI-E cards are more effective and cost less then AGP cards... im tired.... must sleep.

within the year? does that mean that if I bought a computer today with a 256mb PCI-E Card of some sort that it wouldn't have a use in a year or two???

I hope not....?!

No SLI will not be a requirement just to play games, but it will be one of the options for playing the top games at the highest settings. While right now it is pretty useless to have 2 vid cards in SLI, the same can be said for Dual Core processors. Actually its more true for the processors, since there is no consumer software currently out that supports mult processors, so you see no difference in performance over single core processors. But someday there will be software that utilizes their potential. The same thing can be said for SLI, but atleast for the moment you still see that 30-35% gain, instead of none.

Jolly good, so that said if I were to buy a dell with a P4 3.4Ghz HT and a ATi X600 256mb, that would suffice for gaming for a while? (+ 2 gig of ram...?!)

yup...until i get my comp built im using 512 mb of ram...some shitty 50 dollar vid card and a celeron d 2.66 ghz processor and it works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom