How long will the 3700+ last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
gaming wise, i guess i was curious as to if the 3700+ would last for new games that are coming out, such as unreal 2007, and all those really high quality looking games, cuz if it'll do the job, then i just may not get the opteron.. i still have 2 weeks to decide, and i guess i'd just like to know ahead of time.. maybe save myself 100 dollars of slave labor at copymax so i could buy lunch for a change...

Single cores still have a lot of life left in them. The 3700 is a great chip and should last quite a while, but an opteron 165 would be more future proof. Games will soon take advantage of the second core on the X2's, dual core optys and Pentium D's.

I think you should just wait until you start noticing a drop in performance.

How come you're asking about the 3700+ when your sig says you have the 3500+?

because i'm buying a new processor for my build, my sig is my current computer. so the 3700+ should do me fine?? how long would this 3700 last??

Well if youre building a completely new system. I think you should just go with the Opty 165. Can't beat dual core for future proofing.

ya.. i totally agree about that.. but i just wanna finish building it..... how long would you say this processor would last me?? a year at least? would it keep me happy while those g80's are out? would it be able to keep up with those graphics???

and when i say how long will it last.. i mean gaming wise.....

if i do buy the opteron in 2 weeks it will only leave me with 100 bucs in my account, if i buy the 3700+ i'll have like 200 bucks left, and could use that to buy maybe another 6800 gs so i could put these babies in sli when my build is complete

and it would be nice to get it, because i'm gonna make my dad a throw back computer in time anyway... everything i stop using i'm just gonna shove into his computer

Well, the Opty should last you a long long time. It's dual core, 64 bit, and a high performing overclocker.

It'll last you a year EASILY.

so i'm guessing your telling me to get the opteron 165?? and that the "it'll last you a year EASILY" is also to the opteron??

i guess what i want to know.. is, can the 3700+ hold me off for about a year?? cuz this 3500+ in my compaq seems to do quiet well for everything i dish at it.. are future programs really gonna be that demanding?? well.. games at least... with how well my 3500+ keeps me happy i would expect alot more from a 3700+ considering it has twice the l2 cache... and i will be overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom