Network Engineer here

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanja

Baseband Member
Hi,

My name is Vanja and i work for Charter Communications for their CB Engineering team.
Just wanted to say hi.
I also run IT website (see signature)

welcome, hey got a question, does charter not allow customers to make FTP servers? what about HTTP servers, me and my buddy have no problems setting up HTTP servers but until about 3 weeks ago we had an FTP working but all of a sudden it didnt work. tried every configuration in the IIS server, would work form internal network but not external, had it setup the same way we did when it worked and no equipment changed, it has to be charter doing something so just wondering...

We don't actually allow ftp or any kind of servers on residential accounts. You'll have to go to SBI or CBN account for that.
Of course lot of people are doing it anyway (like with any ISP). If we see lot of high bandwith utilization coming of residential nodes, we might block certain inbound ports.
Depending on which market you're in. Our engineering NOC covers pretty much all of south east, north east, mid america and saint louis metro area.
Sorry about blocking but its really not up to engineers but corporate to decide.

Hmmmm... Well, vanja, it seems that you're already getting cornered with questions... But that's a good thing. We need more people on the inside to give us good info and to answer the questions we need answered.

Welcome to TF, by the way.

Thanks on the welcome.

I'll try to answer anything that i am allowed to answer.
Otherwise i will just have to kill you. Or myself. :(

hey thanks for the reply tho, we were actually thinking about killing it anyway as it was an older server trying to run server 2003 and it wasn't working with the configuration i wanted it to and im getting tired of rebuilding it with new configs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom