Insane computer setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually i dont think that OCing is such a good idea in your situation. i would be tempted by an ASUS board, two 7800GTXs, 2gigs of OCZ, 40 GIG raptor boot drive and then a RAID (5) of identical high capacity drives, such as hitachi deskstars (up to 500 gig each) an AMD fx 60 and powered by an FSP or enermax PSU

If he's got an unlimited budget i would go with a 147 GB Cheetah then 2x 500gb barrucudas.

If your going single processor with unlimited money definitely Fx60.

I would wait for the new Nvidia cards to come out before you build it though.

chron said:
Didnt know nvidia's new release will be so soon. I'll let him know but hes not gonna know what im talkin about anyways.

As far as SATA II, I think I'm gonna have to pass on it. I'll go with RAID. I've heard better things from my CSS clan mates.

I always thought ASUS had the best mobo? Guess not?

And as far as 4 gigs go, if its gonna be a 64 bit system then theoretically 16gb would be possible and someday soon 4 gb will be usefull. Am I thinking too far into the future? His computer rite now is a 350Mhz Gateway with windows 98 (not even SE) so this shows u how long he makes his computers last.

Also check out this case I've ordered for him. this thing is SWEET

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811163057

Why is that case so expensive? I understand some people are big money spenders, but I find it hard for someone to accept buying a $365 case. Try looking at the Thermaltake Shark. $200 cheaper and just as good.

If i had that much money going into something i surely would want to get a side panel and i would be showing it off to everyone that i could...the mail man....milk driver... ANYONE!

why go FX60 when ou can go dual opteron 280s in socket 940, this ALSO opens up SCSI as the hard drive interface which we ALL know PWNS!!

Just because you can spend $6000 on a system doens't mean you should. Why not spend a fraction of that for slightly less performance. Especially when new technology is always around the corner, it makes sense to buy the slightly worse performing, but half as much product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom