Video Card Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It mentions that the card requires a 4-pin Molex hard drive power dangle. Is that just the standard 4 pin power cords you use to hook up hard disks, cd drives, and case fans?

Raphael Argus said:
Ok, I probably won't bother, can always add something later when or if I need to. As long as I can play the few games I'm looking forward to at a reasonable setting without turning off ALL the good stuff I'll be happy :)

yeah but If you wait a little bit more The 7800gs agp would be a excellent card for you....sure the 6800 gs is good but the 7800 would probably give you better graphics...

Raphael Argus said:
It mentions that the card requires a 4-pin Molex hard drive power dangle. Is that just the standard 4 pin power cords you use to hook up hard disks, cd drives, and case fans?

Yes it is the standard 4-pin connector that you use on your Hard drives and CD/DVD drives

Nah, that card would not perform as well as the 6800GS. But if I were you, I'd take the advice of the guys above and wait for the 7800GS. It's going to cost less than $300, that's for sure. The 7800GT is around 300 right now. It's going to be here too, because somebody made a post about it. They found another forum where someone bought one. They posted pics and everything, so I'd wait a little bit. It may pay off.

Ryan

Well, since the games I'm looking at playing won't even start rolling out for a couple more months I'll hold off and keep my eye out for a 7800GS.

What is the difference between GS/GT models?

Again, thanks for all the info.

Yet the GS and GT is a good Value for what It can do...Unlike the 512 mb GTX wich is a horrible Price for value.....800 Bucks for a graphics card that will get me 10 more fps .......I think Il wait for the g71..

Yes, 7800GS or GT are the only cards to get right now if you want value. Otherwise just get yourself one of the new ATI X1900XTX cards, which are faster than the 7800GTX 512s and are $200 cheaper. This is the first time since March 2004 that ATI has had the superior product.

Yeah ATI is doing good right now...dunno if they deserve it:) but sure I like there cards......except for that crappy Radeon 9550.....wow was that a bad card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom