CPU&MOBO blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, but if I didn't buy any sort of IDE to SATA/SATA to IDE devices, for just MOBO to the HD, I would have to use a SATA cable correct?
and I was also wondering, is Seagate a good company in terms of hard drives?

Fireheart said:
Another question: with this mother board, when I want to get the HD and disk drive, do they need to be ATA serial compatible?

You can get either or. Just know that when you install the O/S, you need to install the SATA driver before the install so that it sees the hard drive. Post a thread with that question as to how when you have your components and are ready to do it. (Also, buy Western Digital or Seagate. Nothing else.)

I have never had good luck with western digital, maybe I just got the fluke drives, but they suck. The Raptor on the other hand, I might buy. I like Maxtor for bigger dirives.

Maxtor drives drop like flies. Plus, Maxtor was bought by seagate which tells you something. Mator is poor quality, you can ask anyone on this board. Western Digital and Seagate are the way to go.

Hitachi's even got a better drive than WD with that crappy Cavier

I see your running a northwood, i'm curious, do you preffer that to the prescott? I was looking for a northwood before i got my current cpu but couldnt find one new. Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom