Building a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive never had a problem with northbridge chipsets conflicting, newegg wont rma? did you try taking out your gfx card and using your onboard video?. that might tell you if it is.

The funny thing is that there is no port for typical monitors to be plugged back there. So for me it's impossible for me to use just the motherboards standard video for some odd reason. I had to use my x700 card to get any visual.

I just talk to one of the guys in the IT department at my work and he doesn't have a clue what's going on with the motherboard either. I already told him about the comment I just made now and he believes that there should be no conflict with the Northbridge. It was my mistake to notice that Northbridge ATI Express 200 is not a graphic enhancer like the one you buy at the store. He also said that possibly might want to check the processor to see if it didn't burned up or got fried, which is not likely because the bio should have a automatic shutdown if it get's too hot.

I'm not sure if Newegg RMA their products, I rather purchase a more reliable mobo. I'm no expert in the technical field of computers, but the only reason why I would build a computer is because I get what I want, rather than being over priced on some hardware and software I don't want. I sure that's what every computer builder opinions are.

so your saying your your motherboard doesnt have a vga port meaning it doesnt have onboard gfx.what gfx card you useing?if its a ati, on that troubleshooting site i gave you it talks about the resources not being at a minimum to run, and directs you to another site to download drivers. to bad we didnt meet a day earlier i just sold 2 nice boards on ebay, socket a though. myself im a 939fx man myself. well let me know what gffx card you have and i know of another forum i could probaly get some help from.

Yeah, that onboard graphic card that the motherboard have doesn't exsist. It's just a Northbridge graphic that I misread there. I have a PCI Exp x16 ATI X700 that I've inserted. Even about that drivers, I couldn't download them anyway because I can't even get as far as formating my hard drive and putting an OS into it.

If you notice the ATI Radeon Express 200 is just an onboard chipset and it's not a graphic enhancer. That's the main reason why they don't sell those out in the market. It was meant to be built in for regular graphic performance I believe. But that's no excuse for it not having a VGA plug-in for my monitor!!!

)c:',

you cant dl drivers from the comp your useing now? to make a boot diskette or disk, then in your bios have it boot from what ever one you copy to first.

i asked him the same thing, he did that and said it wont wake monitor at all. if i had it in front of me so i could look at bios i know i could get it up and running, unless its a bad board, i also asked him if in bios it was set to pci instead of vga, but im almost at a lose, but im curious to find out what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom