Need help ASAP. New 6800gs gives me a black screen/no signal to monitor(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiq

Baseband Member
I just got an EVGA 6800GS in the mail today and was pretty excited. I plugged it in securely to my PCI-E slot, connected the 6-pin power cord as in the instructions, booted up and no signal to the monitor! (VGA connector) So I dragged my old CRT over and tried it on that, and nothing again!

I looked in my case and the fan to the video card was running fine. The cpu fan, case fans, mobo fan, are spinning fine, hard drive light blinks, everything has power....

I would have just plugged in my old 6600gt which was running in it 4 days ago, but I sold it before I got the 6800gs in the mail....

Dang it, can you guys list any suggestions on what you would do in my situation? I dont know anyone close by that has a pci-e graphics card I could borrow to see if I just got a bad card.

What computer stores offer a full refund on graphic cards instead of a lousy exchange credit so I can test out a different card in my computer? Help

The only thing I can add to my first post is that, the monitors do seem to sense some sort of power from the vga plug because as soon as I turn the computer off, the monitor powers off completely and you can hear that crackling sound old monitors make when it turns off

You are a genious my friend. Worked like a charm. I feel like a little boy on Christmas morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom