X1900XTX, or 7800 gtx for this setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
k thanks that's the main thing that i was confused on ,i'll prob just go 7800gtx and get another one later. How much wattage should i get for the psu for the 7800gtx in sli?

tehownerer said:
k thanks that's the main thing that i was confused on ,i'll prob just go 7800gtx and get another one later. How much wattage should i get for 7800gtx in sli?

Don't go with the 7800GTX. Its not worth the extra money...its at least $150 more than the 7800GT and it only gives you about 15 more fps. If you are going to go with a 7800 series, get the 7800GT. Otherwise get the X1900XTX, it will be money much better spent.

SLI is a waste of money, it is there fo Nvidia to make twice as much and give us a little bit more performance. When you have more money get a DX10 card instead of another of the same card.

My 7800gt flies through all my games.

maybe i should switch to non-sli mobo and save money, which ASUS or MSI mobo would be the best choice, i'm restricted to those 2 companies

definitely dont bother with SLI. Don't gain enough performance for the money. 7800GT is a great card. However the x1900xtx is probably the best choice currently.

You need a crossfire board to do crossfire (with the ATI chipset) which this board doesn't have.

so let me just clear something up, X1900XTX will work on the asus deluxe mobo, just not crossfire? Because i don't mind having one videocard i just can't afford a second one anyways

The X1900XTX beats the crap out of the 7800GTX512, and for about $200 less. And yes the X1900 will work on any pcie mobo, but you will need a crossfire board to use crossfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom